Before registration, please read carefully abstract submission guidelines described in this article and the information to be announced on the convention website at any time. Please note we are not responsible for any trouble caused by not reading the instructions.
※The presentation will be held on site. However, due to the further spread and continuation of the infection, we may have to change to a completely web-based event depending on the situation. In the case of web-based,the presenter may give a presentation via video streaming. We ask for your understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, please contact us by referring to the contact information.
- Anyone is eligible for application as long as the research contributes to physical therapy.
- Although abstract registration is free in principle, those who are not members of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association who have a physical therapist license in Japan are required to pay the abstract registration fee of 10,000 yen (excluding tax) per person no matter whether the person is a principle presenter or a co-presenter. (Those who do not have a physical therapist license in Japan as well as those who have a physical therapist license abroad are not charged). Members who suspend their membership are also subject to the abstract registration fee payment.
Ⅱ．Restriction on application for the first speaker
Abstracts that can be registered as a first speaker are up to 1 on each society. It is not possible to register the same subject multiple times or register similar subjects.
- Please make sure that the contents of the abstract submitted and the actual presentation are not significantly different.
- Do not submit abstracts that are similar in contents or that are submitted to or published by other academic societies or magazines. If these facts are discovered after the adoption of the abstract, it may be canceled.
- Please be aware that a resistant takes full responsibilities for all of the notes indicated above (item 1 to 3).
- The copyright of abstracts belongs to the association and the principle speaker. The abstracts will be published online.
- Basically, you cannot cancel registration after the abstract submission period or change the registered contents.
- When the principle speaker is not able to make a presentation, the co-speaker should make the presentation.
- We regard change of the presenter as a proxy presentation by the co- speaker. Only the principle presenter is able to register the presentation as lifelong learning points (points for presentation) of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association (neither double issuance nor sharing by speakers is possible).
- If you are unable to make a presentation on the day, please note that the registration of the speaker for the academic conferences next year including co-speakers may not be permitted.
- Please submit your application after obtaining the approval of the co- speaker. Please note that the co-speakers will take the same responsibilities as the principle speaker.
Attention and Requests regarding use of E-mail
- ①All e-mails related to the abstract registration will be sent to the account with which the abstract was registered. We may send important notices, so please occasionally check your E-mail box. Therefore, please do not change E-mail address until the end of this conference. ②Please do not use mobile mail. If you use free E-mail service, please note that E-mails sent from the Preparation Committee may be classified as a junk mail.
- ②Please do not use mobile mail. If you use free E-mail service, please note that E-mails sent from the Preparation Committee may be classified as a junk mail.
- ③If you do not receive E-mail within approximately 3 days after the abstract registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via E-mail.
Membership number of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association
Be sure to enter the correct member number (8 digits starting from 1) in the designated field in one-byte characters. If an incorrect number is entered, notification of acceptance of the abstract may be delayed significantly due to the confirmation work. If you are not an association member, enter the number (88888888) displayed on the screen. Make sure to register the member numbers of the co-stars beforehand. Accepted abstracts with members as their first members will be stored in My Page as a history record with their membership numbers.
●Abstract Submission id closed.①Period for Submission
Submission Opening at 14:00 on 19th (FRI) March 2021
14:00 on 10th (MON) May 2021
Submission Closing at 14:00 on 16th (FRI) April 2021
②Please attach the registration form (Excel) and the abstract (Word) and send it to the following E-mail address.
Abstract registration E-mail address: email@example.com
Click here for format (Word, Excel)
Ⅵ．Abstracts are invited in the following categories:
The English session is English General Oral Presentation only.
※Duplicate submission, such as the same abstract as in another session or the English translation of other submitted or published original abstract, is NOT allowed.
※ The final presentation format may be different from your request.
You must ensure that your research was carried out ethically in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association.
Ⅶ．[NOTICE] Ethical Approval
You must ensure that your research was carried out ethically in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association. In particular, regarding research that may invade privacy or affect human body, please specify that informed consent was obtained from the person in the field [Ethical consideration and Informed consent]. Also, if the research is approved by the ethics committee of the organization to which the speakers belong, please describe that in this field. If there is no such description, the abstract does not adopt.
Ⅷ．Structure of an Abstract
- Abstract body [maximum 1600 characters]
- Abstract body must be structured with the following headings:
【Background/Purpose】【Methods or Cases】【Results】【Discussion/Conclusion】【Ethical consideration, Informed consent】Do not modify the name of any heading. You cannot enter anything other than text (such as charts, movies, audio, etc.). If they are not marked with [Ethical consideration, Informed consent], abstracts do not adopt.
Use up to 3 words to describe your work.
- Maximums number of co-authors and affiliations
You may enter the name of affiliation for both first author and co-authors. Maximums number of authors’ name that you may enter is totally 10 including first author and co-authors. Maximum number or affiliations that you may enter is totally 10. Both principal speaker and co-speakers can register their institution. Use the shortest form for the institution name but avoid use of abbreviation. Also, exclude the corporate name and department name. When registering multiple abstracts from the same institution, please unify its name.
Ⅸ．Peer review policy
Abstracts submitted for “The 7th Conference of Japanese Society of Respiratory Physical Therapy” are reviewed under the following peer review policy.
Selection and registration of reviewers
- ① Candidate reviewers will be selected by the member subgroups of the Japanese Society of Physical Therapy Association, mainly from specialized physical therapists approved by the Japanese Physical Therapy Association considering their experience.
- ② A person who accepts registration as a reviewer selects subdivisions that he/she can review in the acceptance procedure.
- ① Two reviewers peer review one submitted abstract.
- ② A reviewer will not be allocated to the abstract of which the reviewer is the speaker (both principle and co-speaker) as well as the abstract submitted from the institution to which the reviewer belongs.
Peer review criteria
①Rating: The reviewer scores the following seven items according to separately defined criteria with a 5-stage ordinal scale.
- A) Originality
- B) Contribution to physical therapy development
- C) Abstract contents: “Abstract title and keywords“
- D) Abstract contents: “Background and purpose“
- E) Abstract contents: “Methods“ or “Case“
- F) Abstract contents: “Results“
- G) Abstract contents: “Discussion and Conclusion“
- H) Abstract contents: “Ethical consideration, Informed consent“
- ②Subject Classification: The member subgroup decides whether the subdivision classification is appropriate.
- ③Comment: the whole impression and advice etc. can be described in free-writing form.
- ④[Ethical consideration, informed consent] of the abstract is peer reviewed and examined at each member subgroup.
- ①Rating: The reviewer scores the following seven items according to separately defined criteria with a 5-stage ordinal scale.
Acceptance / Rejection
Acceptance or Rejection will be decided by the academic conference director in the end after the review by the preparation committee. Please note if you do not agree with the peer review policy, you cannot register your abstracts.
Ⅹ．Appraisal of abstract
- The adoption of the abstract will be decided by the academic conference director in reference to the results made by the preparation committee.
- The result of the appraisal will be notified by E-mail to the registered E-mail address.
- The results of appraisal will be informed by early September, 2020.
- The adopted abstract cannot be canceled. In principle, changes in the contents of the presentation after the registration period cannot be accepted for any reason.
We only accept contacts by E-mail. However, please refrain from using mobile phone mail.
<Inquiries about contents of the academic conference>
The 7th Conference of Japanese Society of Respiratory Physical Therapy Management Office; firstname.lastname@example.org
Write "inquiries about the academic conferences" in the subject and include your name as well as contact information.
<Inquiries regarding online abstract submission>
Contact for abstract registration system: email@example.com
Please be sure to include "The 7th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Respiratory Physical Therapy @ Application for Inquiries" in your inquiry.
<Academic Conference Homepage>
The latest information of the conference and detailed instructions will be posted on the website below.